Adrian Dunbar hints at ‘Line Of Duty’ return as he reveals upcoming dinner meeting

Julia Hunt

·Contributor

Fri, 26 August 2022 at 2:41 pm

<img src="https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/lO3qc_z32Z_pAX1tvQ3wdg–/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTcwNTtoPTM4MA–/https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-uploaded-images/2019-04/4c9bac70-5f6f-11e9-9c5e-365cfb717575&quot; alt="Vicky McClure, Adrian Dunbar and Martin Compston in <em>Line Of Duty
Vicky McClure, Adrian Dunbar and Martin Compston in Line Of Duty. (BBC)

Adrian Dunbar has dropped a huge hint that Line Of Duty is coming back, as he confirmed the cast “would like to do something” and are meeting the show’s creator for a curry.

The sixth series of the BBC police drama aired last year and there has been much talk about whether fans will get another instalment from AC-12.

Speaking on This Morning, Dunbar said he, Vicky McClure (DI Kate Fleming) and Martin Compston (DI Steve Arnott) were getting together with Jed Mercurio for a meal.

“We are going to have a curry,” he said.

“We are all just kind of really keen to get back together, we’d all like to see each other again.”

The actor said the cast were 'really keen' to see each other. (BBC)
The actor said the cast were ‘really keen’ to see each other. (BBC)

When pressed by hosts Ruth Langsford and Rylan Clark, the actor admitted the cast were “all very keen to get back to Belfast”, which is where the show was filmed.

“We really would like to get back to Belfast, we really would like to do something else but we don’t know if we are,” he said.

Dunbar – who stars as Superintendent Ted Hastings – insisted he had “no idea” whether Mercurio had written anything yet and teased that he “might tell us something” when they meet up.

EDITORIAL USE ONLY Adrian Dunbar during filming for the Graham Norton Show at BBC Studioworks 6 Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, to be aired on BBC One on Friday evening.
Adrian Dunbar stars as Superintendent Ted Hastings. (PA)

The last season of the crime drama was shot amid the coronavirus pandemic, which Dunbar said was “tough”.

“We were all in bubbles and we couldn’t really do anything and the whole town was shut down,” he said.

“We stuck to the rules, we worked very hard at sticking to the rules and so therefore we got through it.”

The actor, 64, previously teased that Line Of Duty could return in a slightly different format.

Jed Mercurio pictured during the BFI and Radio Times Television Festival, at the BFI South Bank in London. Picture date: Friday April 12, 2019. Photo credit should read: Matt Crossick/Empics
The cast are having a meal with Jed Mercurio. (Matt Crossick/Empics)

Earlier this month he told The Times: “It could be three or four episodes; I don’t think there’s going to be six, for some reason.

“It might be two 90 minutes.

“But it’s all entirely down to Jed what the storyline is going to be. It’s a big ask for him.”

Published by anthonyhayble

I AM A PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER WHO BLOGS ON EVENTS, NEWS AND CELEBRITY ACTIVITIES. YOU WILL GET THE LATEST BLOGGING UPDATES WITH UP TO DATE NEWS AND EVENTS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU. COMMENTS AND LIKES ARE ALSO WELCOMED. I AM STILL IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING AND UPDATING MY BLOGS AND IT WOULD BE UP AND RUNNING SHORTLY. THIS IS STILL A NEW SITE AND WILL GREATLY IMPROVE WITH TIME

%d bloggers like this: