An new study has revealed the best UK road trips for summer 2022 with the Jurassic Coast topping the list.
They took into account factors including driving routes and reviews on TripAdvisor, accident data, social media statistics, sunlight hours and tourist attractions, giving an overall road trip score.
The UK’s Best Road Trips for Summer 2022
The Jurassic Coast has been revealed as the UK’s best road trip. Picture: PA
The Jurassic Coast hit the top spot making it the best road trip in the UK. The southern coast shoreline scored highly for its picturesque views, being a hit on TikTok and Instagram as well as being one of the sunniest spots.
The North Coast 500 followed closely behind, with a 7.6 road trip score. The Scottish route also scored highly for its picturesque views and demand and interest as well as offering the most tourist attractions overall, with 286.
Two of the top five road trips are Scottish, along with the North Coast 500, Glen Lyon (6.6) ranked third.
Wales and Cumbria also featured in the top five with Horseshoe Pass (6.09) ranking fourth and Wrynose Pass ranking fifth (5.89).
Top 10 UK road trips
The Jurassic Coast got an overall road trip score of 8.42. Picture: PA
These are the top 10 road trips according to Moneybarn, including each location’s overall road trip score.
1. Jurassic Coast, Dorset – 8.42
2. North Coast 500, northern Scotland – 7.6
3. Glen Lyon, Perth and Kinross – 6.66
4. Horseshoe Pass, Denbighshire – 6.09
5. Wrynose Pass, Cumbria – 6.05
6. A149 Great Yarmouth, Norfolk – 5.98
7. Gospel Pass, Powys – 5.94
8. The Coig, Ayrshire and the Clyde Islands – 5.86
9. Road to the Isles, Scottish Highlands – 5.79
10. Epping Forest, Essex – 5.71
For more information, visit the Moneybarn website.